Friday, December 9, 2011

Peoms about Reading

Read to me
by Jane Yolen
Read to me riddles and read to me rhymes
Read to me stories of magical times
Read to me tales about castles and kings
Read to me stories of fabulous things
Read to me pirates and read to me knights
Read to me dragons and dragon-book fights
Read to me spaceships and cowboys and then
When you are finished- please read them again

What is a Book?by Lora Duneta
A book is pages, pictures and words
A book is animals, people and birds
A book is stories of queens and kings
Poems and songs- so many things!
Curled in a corner where I can hide
With a book I can journey far and wide
Though it's only paper from end to end
A book is a very special friend

Open A Bookby Jane Baskwill
Open a book
And you will find
People and places of every kind
Open a book
And you can be
Anything that you want to be:
Open a book
And you can share
Wondrous worlds you find in there
Open a book
And I will too
You read to me
And I'll read to you.
Books to the Ceiling
by Arnold LobelBooks to the Ceiling
Books to the sky
My piles of books are a mile high
How I love them
How I need them
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them

No comments: