Monday, March 21, 2011

Side Books

Monthly for those of you that would like some extra reading we will begin reading additional books this month.

We will not disscuss during meetings but post reviews on the blog in the comments section each month when I post the book. Books have been themed by the month we read them in, and will posted at the bottom of the blog page.

April-Easter/ Religion                                    
The Painter’s Gift
by Penelope J. Holt
256 pages

May - Mother's, Memorial Day               
Hiroshima in the morning 
by Rahna Reiko Rizzuto             
320 pages

June - Father’s day/ Family                          
Light on Snow
by Anita Shreve
336 pages

July -Independence Day                             
The Letters of John and Abigail Adams
by  Frank Shuffelton                
512 pages

Aug - Honoring Black History                       
One Drop- My Fathers Hidden life:
A story of Race and Family Secrets
by Bliss Broyard 
352 pages

Sept-Honoring Hispanic heritage             
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
by  Junot Diaz 
224 pages

2 comments:

Demi said...

This was my suggestion and I have heard good things about this book and the author who is Dominican from Paterson.

Demi said...

I thought I was commenting specifically to The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, I now see it's a general comment, haha.

Another book that I have wanted to read for some time was One Drop -- find it fascinating that this man hid his secret from his entire family.